National Youth Challenge 2012 – Challenge Details
The National Youth Challenge is now closed. Thank you to all who entered.
Check back in March to find out who won.
What are you doing for your democracy?
Tell us what you are doing for your democracy with an image, words, a video or a tweet! You could win a trip to Ottawa, a new tablet, a digital camera or a netbook. The contest closes on November 30, 2012, so get your entry in soon.
Democracy is about more than putting your ballot in a box. Get involved in your community and discover all the ways you can help your democracy!
Stuck for an idea? Here are some ways you could answer:
- Interview someone making a difference in your community.
- Show us an event you organized in your school.
- Look back in Canada's history and highlight an event that shaped Canada's democracy.
Make sure you read the Challenge Rules.
Here are a few things to remember:
- You have to be between the ages of 14 and 30, and a Canadian resident.
- You can only submit once and in one category, so make it count!
- Your entry has to be non-partisan. Not sure what non-partisan means? See below.
Definition of Non-partisan:
Interested in participating but not sure what non-partisan means?
- Keep your entry politically neutral – it must not suggest a political affiliation, bias or designation.
- Make sure you express your thoughts without singling out, supporting or opposing a specific political party or its views.