National Democracy Challenge 2013 – Challenge Details
Show & Tell: Democracy in Action
Are you between the ages of 14 and 30? Would you like to win an iPhone, camera or four-day trip for two to Niagara Falls to attend the Federation of Canadian Municipalities' 2014 Annual Conference? Then Show & Tell: Democracy in Action! Submit an image, video or piece of writing from September 16 to November 16, 2013.
New this year – School Challenge
Calling all teachers – have your students enter! The secondary school or cégep with the most entries wins a 2014 Forum for Young Canadians bursary. Forum brings students from across Canada to Ottawa for a week-long, behind-the-scenes look at politics and public affairs.
Here are some ways you can participate:
- Interview someone making a difference in your community.
- Show us an event you organized in your school.
- Look back in Canada's history and highlight an event that shaped our democracy.
Keep in mind:
- You have to be a Canadian resident between the ages of 14 and 30.
- You can enter only once and in one category, so make it count!
- The contest closes on November 16, 2013 – get going before it's too late!
- Your entry has to be non-partisan. That means you need to:
- Keep your entry politically neutral – it must not suggest a political affiliation, bias or designation.
- Make sure you express your thoughts without singling out, supporting or opposing a specific political party or its views.